Hi Aiden,

A mailing list allows members to post messages which are broadcast to all of
the other mailing list members via email. The application you use for this
is your email application. An Internet forum (also frequently known as
message board) is an application on a website which allows people to post
messages that can be seen by either members of the forum (people who
registered with the forum) or visitors - this depends on the forum settings.
The forum we use at AudioGames.net is, as far as we know, fully accessible.
It has been in use by visually impaired users for several years now and
never have received any accessibility complaints. Most fora on the internet
are more or less accessible because they're primarily text-based. However,
many fora allow people to post inaccessible content, such as images without
alt-attributes (=text descriptions of the image) or multimedia without an
accessible alternative). This doesn't make the forum itsself inaccessible,
but parts of the posts can be inaccessible. For our forum we wrote a script
to check whether or not the poster has added an alt-attribute, and if not he
will receive a notification of this in text under his image. For multimedia
we don't have such a solution yet. Fortunately, about 99.9% of all the posts
on the AudioGames.net forum are text so no worries ;)

Here it is: http://forum.audiogames.net/

Greets,

Richard