On 7/26/08, John Bannick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> No. I'm neither blind nor (to be honest) much of a gamer.
>
> Like Thomas, Jim, and the others, I'm a computer programmer who likes to
> build games.
>
> I got interested in software accessibility while working at Kurzweil.
> We were told that the reading machine at that time contained an audio copy
> of Zork. That gave me the idea.
>
> When the opportunity came along for a bunch of us to start our own game
> company, I made it a requirement that as many games as possible be as
> accessible as possible, including blindness, vision impairment, color
> blindness, deafness, motion impairment, and cognitive impairment.
>
> Being Head Geek helps.
>
> So I'm active in the Boston Visually Impaired and Blind Users Group, the
> Boston Voice Users Group, the International Game Developers Association -
> Game Accessibility special interest group, and some other groups.
>
> The VIBUG group meets at the Braille Press offices in Boston. Check out
> their web site at www.vibug.org.
>
> Making software accessible is an interesting challenge and has led me to
> meet some really neat people. You'll find a lot of them here at Audyssey.
>
> Mauricio,
>
> The URL is: www.7128.com.
> The Company name is 7-128 Software.
> (as in 7 people living within highway 128 here in Boston)
>
> Happy gaming,
>
> John Bannick
> Chief Technology Officer
> 7-128 Software

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was looking to a game you suggest to me.  The game was Star Treck
Final Conflict I followed one of the links you sent me and tried
getting the game.  I am having trouble getting the game to work on my
system, I think it is because I need something called Microsoft Frame
Work and I need to have a file I think it is called DB9.  I am not
sure, but could use some help if you could offer me some.  I am not to
sure about this stuff.