Hi                              Parham,
Not true. I have installed Ubuntu Linux 8.04 on my laptop, and Orca
works great with Firefox 3.0. It works a lot better than the 2.x
versions. I don't know where you got the information Orca doesn't work
with Firefox 3, but it isn't true at least with the latest builds of
Orca and Firefox 3.0.
As far as training courses goes you have a point there. Most colleges,
universities, and vocational schools haven't yet added Linux to their
training courses. At least not for the casual or average student. I did
have Linux for my Computer Science degree, but then again that was only
because it was emerging as a leader  in server side software at that time.
However, as far as using shell commands like ls, cd, mkdir, etc there
isn't much demand to know that sort of thing since the majority of the
stuff is now graphical just like Windows. Many distributions of Linux
such as Ubuntu have done a lot of work the passed year or two in trying
to make Linux as user friendly as Windows and for the most part it is if
you get the right distribution. Problem is there are some Linux makers
out there that don't care about user friendliness, and they make all the
other companies that are doing it look bad.
Finally, if you want to talk about reliability I would have to say I
have found my Linux systems is far more stable and reliable than
Windows. For one thing all the thousands upon  thousands of Windows
based viruses don't mean anything to Linux. Sure there are a handful of
Linux viruses out there, but the actual probability of ever getting one
is several thousand times less likely than getting a Windows based virus
on a Windows computer.
Both the dpkg and rpm package management systems are far more reliable
than Windows Installer based installations. The main reason is that it
will warn you if uninstalling a certain package will cause various
programs to crash, and they have smart installers. For example, if you
run the apt-get tool when installing a program it will see if all
dependancies are met, and if not go to the Ubuntu Linux web site and
grab the missing dependancies for you. Like if you install a game that
requires mono and SDL and they are not installed it will first install
them, or upgrade them to the required version, and then install your
game. This is so much nicer than trying to figure out what version of
Direct  X a person has, if they have the .Net Framework, bla.In Linux it
will just do the version check for you, and just do the necessary
updates for you.
As far as recovering from a crash I have not found too many times where
the system crashed so bad I had to totally reboot the computer from
scratch. If Ubuntu Linux does crash, like Orca does lock up, just doing
an alt+control+backspace will kill the current Gnome session, take me
back to the login screen, where I log back in and resume what I was
doing. None of this Explorer has performed an illegal operation and must
be shutdown crap I have to deal with in Vista. If Explorer crashes I
usually have to wind up restarting the entire computer from scratch just
to fix the problem. So reliability is something I respect in Linux.
As for FreeBSD I have used it, but it is not my favorite OS. It is
falling behind Linux somewhat when it comes to accessibility issues. I
am not really all that impressed with FreeBSD's driver support. Their
primary market is server side applications, and wasn't really meant for
home user use like Linux is beginning to target.