If you are meaning the route and not the root which means totally a
different thing then you need to make sure you are using the latest
Adrift. I bet that if you cannot get passed the first question, you are
using Adrift 4.00 release 46 or something. You need to be using 50 or 51
release version for the game to work properly.

Get the game at http://asmodean.net/games/Riding_Home-1.0.zip and it
will contain a file called DoNotReadMe.txt which no one reads. In there
it tells about the version of Adrift needed for the game.

--
Raul A. Gallegos .. http://www.asmodean.net