Hi Will,
No. When you get Rail Racer Che will direct you to a private download
area where you get the full version of RR. After you download and
install it you install the patch and register it. That is assuming your
setup file is 1.3 or an earlier release. I am sure Che has updated the
official RR download to 1.4 by now.