To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Problem with Jim's Battleships Game

Hi Chris,
I am also using Windows Vista here, and if you are going to play Jim's games with User Account Control enabled what I recommend is install Jim's games to your local user directory tree. For example my Kitchensinc games are installed to
c:\Users\Thomas\Games\Kitchensinc
instead of
c:\Program Files\Kitchensinc.
The reason I recommend installing to your local directory tree vs the default installation directory is because under Windows Vista
c:\Program Files
is a restricted area with UAC enabled and it won't allow you to save settings, save games, etc to the default directory. Which obviously causes issues with all of Jim's games. If you install to your local directories like I mentioned above User Acount Control will ignore the games, and allow them to operate normally.

Chris Hallsworth wrote:
I'll reinstall Winkit and see what happens. The thing is we like User Account Control because of the extra security in that we're asked if Windows want to continue doing whatever we ask it to. I know it's buggy in places but I feel we're outweighing the cons from the pros, or however you phrase it. Thanks Jim for your help, greatly appreciated.

--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]