Hi,
Got you. I'm no expert on the Realtech sound cards. Though, I'm puzzled as to why you are getting some crackle on those games. They don't crackle here, and one of my computers has an l-chepo AC-97 based sound card in it.

shaun everiss wrote:
No tom its  a realtech hd on a laptop.
there are standard drivers for it but my toshiba download site does not have
the latest and judging with all the crashes I had after upgrading last time, I
suspect that the drivers I have are specially designed for this laptop as there
are no new updates for anything from toshiba.
I don't even know if things will work well or not.
Ofcause when ever I install anything on here there is always a chance it will
be rood.
I can't run klango for the same reason the system gets unstable, I have to
uninstall it, and restart it a few times as well as do some other things to get
it back to a reasonable state.
I Only reconise the crackles in headphones but they are getting quite bad.

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]