That was back in late 2004, when Sryth was a very small game indeed and very much stil in developement.

Personally, i really don't mind tabbing through options at all, especially in an rpg game, for example when examining a big hall of items from a battle, I find it quicker to hit tab hit page down, and read an item's dewcription, then hit tab again to look at the next thing, than it would be to write x sword, x armour etc.

It's probably just a matter of what i'm used to. I started playing online text games in 2002, and didn't discover interactive fiction until about a year after that.

Having a list of single hotkey choices as you describe would be a nice halfway house.

Perhaps for inventory or loot management each item could be assigned a number in the list so you'd only have to type x1, x2, take 1 take 2 etc.

similar menues could be used in conversations (some of my favourite If games like Pythos mask use this systm), which would allow for some good interaction.

Beware the Grue!

please send E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]