Hi.

Jus thought anyone playing S4 would appreaciate knowing that the program is now
up to 1.1. Included in the various updates is the textifying of the fleet
combat and all screens in the game, which is great.

I'd stil personally like to see the ability to minimize the traide window so
that you can view the prices for the selected commodity on each planet, but
this does mean that essentially the game is entirely now playable (though
trading is a trifle slow for the moment).

Also new in the upgrade is apparently a new battleship class, battlegroup,
comprising a battleship and several escorts, which sounds cool, though
annoyingly my battleship game is saved on my laptop, and sinse the wireless bit
of my dsl internet box isn't currently working, I can't download onto it at the
second.

if you download a fresh copy of the game, it'll be v1.1. But if people need to
upgrade, you can get the upgrade on
http://nbsd.fileburst.com/Smugglers4Patch.zip

Out of interest, how're the scripting efforts for Jaws going with S4?

i know a couple of people such as Che martin were looking into writing script
files to fix the compatibility issues, and imho this would be a really good
thing as there is so much more to the game even than S3. If script files are
written, please let me know. I'll be creating a game page for S4 for
audiogames.net very soon (I was just waiting until the compatibility mode was
finished), and if files are created, obviously I'd want to put a link to them
there.

Beware the Grue!