Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 6:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Jim Kitchens Games under Vista

Hi,
Yes, Jim Kitchen's games will work with Vista, but there are some things
you need to do in order to make them work properly under Windows Vista.
If you have User Account Control enabled and want the added security of
User Account Control then is is what you should do.
1. arrow to the setup for the game you want to install, press the
Windows context key, and arrow to run as administrator. This will launch
the setup with admin rights that User Account Control requires for some
setup/installers.
2. Instead of installing to the default location like
c:\Program Files\Kitchensinc.
you need to install it to a local directory that you have full rights
to. Usually it is something like
c:\Users\User Name\Games\Kitchinsinc.
For example, my user name on my computer is Thomas. So under Windows
Vista I install all of Jim's games to
c:\Users\Thomas\Games\Kitchensinc.
What I generally do is copy the Kitchensinc folder from
c:\program files
to my local directory before installing any of the games.
Now, if thissounds too difficult for you to do, too confusing, the only
other suggestion is to turn User Account Control off completely. It is
this new security feature of Windows vista that accounts for most of the
problems with games under Vista. Especially, those written prier to
Vista's release.

Gandalf wrote:
Hello gamers,

Does anybody Know whether Jim Kitchens games can be runned under
Vista?

Best regards, and a happy new year,

Sascha.