Originally, Entombed was all real time. But it got problematic with SAPI
talking over itself. Plus, some voices didn't support multiple instances, so
you could only have one talking at a time. If I could make the combat
entirely sound based it wouldn't be a problem, but that was going to be much
harder. Entombed needs SAPI to dictate because the combat engine is very
complex and dynamic.

I think if I do a simplier RPG in the future, I'll try to focus more on
realtime.

Jason