I have to say this is probably one of the tougher puzzles in the game. And its going to be rather hard to give a hint for without giving the solution away, but I can try I suppose.

Possible Spoiler

It does involve that stairway leading down. The game doesn't acknowledge the door as a door because there's a special way you have to open it. You'll need to actually go down into the cave. The only hint I can think to give is that you'll need to keep your strength up and have a fair amount of luck down there. Hth, and good luck!

From: "dark" <d...@xgam.org>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:27 AM
To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] fallthrough darkwater cave stuck?

Hi.

well I've got into darkwater cave, ---- or at least into the dome.

there seems to be something odd going on though. i can walk through several passages, ---- one of which has a huge door with a symbol on it which lead to a dead end, ---- the symbol on the door just seems to be a sign of where the dead end is.

I can't unlock the door, ---- in fact the game doesn't even seem to recognize that there is a door there at all.

Once, when walking through one passage near the door I happened to see a stairway down, ---- but like an idiot I'd not bought my lamp so couldn't head down there.

I'm not sure though what the heck triggered this to appear, or whether indeed it just turned up at random.

does anyone have any idea how I can get into the cave?

I'd really like that wherering.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Beware the Grue!