Hi tom.

The principle reason I thought the gma engine might do an rpg game is to do with the way certain things worked in shades and Sarah.

It can manifestly hanndle talking to characters (even with random speeches like the 2 way mirror in Sarah), shops keys and locks.

This is the bulk of the exploration part of an rpg.

for the offensive part, it can handle armor, hp weapons with various ranges, a variety of monsters which drop items when killed.

Put all these together and you already have enough to make an action rpg similar to some of the zelda games, ---- which do not have character leveling.

I'm sure Phil will correct me on this if I'm wrong, but it also occurs to me that to level characters, all you need to do at base is to have the strength, armor, or amo of specific weapons, ---- ie, mana for spells, increase according to either an enemy's killed statistic or completion of some other goals, ---- such as finishing quests.

If stat increases must be tied to collection of items, then some work around such as collection of magic christals from defeated monsters could be used, ----- and then have stat increases at various points, strength increase at 100 christals for example).

If stat increases need to be tied to having certain armor or weapons, then simply use a shop.

this is why I say that the Gma engine could make an rpg, ---- and if the genesis engine has some of the same atributes, it might be able to as well.

Appologies if I've got something incredibly wrong here, I'm just basing this on what I've seen the gma engine do thus far in shades and sarah, and breaking down an rpg conceptually.

Beware the grue!