I have not checked this out, but I thought it might be of interest to
developers needing sound bites:

Here's an online community that offers an invaluable free resource to anyone
who wants to use sound effects or audio loops in digital projects. SoundSnap
is worth checking out, whether you are creating a podcast, a presentation, a
website, a science project, or a custom activity for a program like Clicker
5 or Classroom Suite. SoundSnap has literally thousands of well organized
and searchable audio files available for download.

there are sixteen main headings under which the sound files are organized.
You'll also see a total number of files currently available under each
heading. The download interface gives you the option of listening to a clip
before deciding whether or not to download. You are told the duration of the
clip. You can see how many times the file has already been downloaded and
how it has been rated by other users.

If you have audio files that you would like to contribute, SoundSnap would
welcome them.

Click this link to visit

http://www.soundsnap.com

---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.