Hi Clement,
That probably would work as well. Though I think the most practical solution in a fully accessible game is have something similar to the GMA scan/look key. When you press a key such as x it will say something like "sinking rock to the left in 5 feet. Sinking rock ahead in 2 feet. Sinking rock behind in 7 feet." It would allow you to get a basic idea of how the rocks are laid out without compromising the difficulty or challenge of navigating the puzzle. You would still have to line them up and jump the correct distance before hopping onto the next rock in the room.

Clement Chou wrote:
The only way I could see this working is to have some sort of general ambiance audio that gives one a hint as to how far they're jumping. Of course there'd be problems there, but it seems to me to be the most practical solution.