Careful Tom. Mono is open source and doesn't support everything that .NET
does. It's probably fine for small projects, but you're probably better off
writing everything in C++ if you're going cross platform. The majority of
open source software is great, but I would hate to depend on them to
complete a project as large as a game engine.

Jason