Hi John,
Smile. Oh, i know that, but I am really looking for something much more human/realistic for the Tomb Hunter series. Besides FreeTTS is a Java based TTS Engine and the Tomb Hunter series is written in C#. If I were going to go through the difficulty of writing a .NET wrapper for a speech system I'd likely do it for something like the Cepstral voices or E-Speak.
Cheers.

John Bannick wrote:
Thomas,

The FreeTTS Kevin16 voice may drive you "up the wall" but it's totally
free, totally IP unencumbered, it's easy to code against, it always works,
and it's totally cross-platform.

That being said, the sound is not my favorite either and I'd really like
to get the FreeTTS JSAPI interface working. Then maybe I could use Mike
(which we use as a WAV file for our audio splash screen) and the other
better voices.

John Bannick
www.7128.com