From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com
To: jbann...@7128.com, Gamers Discussion list
<gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:26:33 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Cross Platform Speech Support

Hi John,
Smile. Oh, i know that, but I am really looking for something
much more
human/realistic for the Tomb Hunter series. Besides FreeTTS is a
Java
based TTS Engine and the Tomb Hunter series is written in C#. If
I were
going to go through the difficulty of writing a .NET wrapper for
speech system I'd likely do it for something like the Cepstral
voices or
E-Speak.
Cheers.

John Bannick wrote:
Thomas,

The FreeTTS Kevin16 voice may drive you "up the wall" but it's
totally
free, totally IP unencumbered, it's easy to code against, it
always works,
and it's totally cross-platform.

That being said, the sound is not my favorite either and I'd
really like
to get the FreeTTS JSAPI interface working. Then maybe I could
use Mike
(which we use as a WAV file for our audio splash screen) and the
other
better voices.

John Bannick
www.7128.com

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of
the list,

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---