not sure what to suggest here Shaun.  I guess it's possible that
realtek have put out certain version numbers to suit the way big
companies like things done, with you running a toshiba and me running
an apple, both those companies have got enough clout to say what they
want done and expect people to play ball most of the time.  No doubt
you've done it already, but you might try googling for the version
number I posted earlier in the thread along with your laptop model and
see what comes up?

Not much, but hth in some way
Scott