Hi,
This question is for those gamers using Mac OS X. Recently I read on a web site there is a port of DirectX 9 for Mac OS X. However, when I tried to google for more information about it I came up empty. I don't know if this is a fully integrated component of Mac OS leopard, an optional add on, or a discontinued product, but I was wondering if any of you Mac users can shed some light on this for me. Reason I am asking if there is indeed a DirectX port for Mac OS X it is possible I might be able to port my games to Mac easier than I thought. However, without any confirmation there is a DirectX for Mac, no documentation, etc that makes it pretty difficult to establish if I can easily port my games or not. Basically, my thinking here is this. I know that the MDX libraries I use are basically nothing more than C-Sharp and Visual Basic wrapper classes for the core C++ based DirectX libraries. So if there were Mac specific ports for say dinput.dll, dsound.dll, dsound3d.dll, etc then there is a posability installing the managed wrappers to Mac os would allow me to target the Mac platform. This needs testing of course, but before I do anything I need to confirm if Mac OS Leopard ships with or has a DirectX 9 update.
Thanks.