To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:54 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] dark room and programming for Wiimotes

I see that Darkroom is programmed in Java and that the code is open source. How hard is programming in Java, and does anyone know about Eclipse, and whether or not the libraries and plug-ins are accessible? If so, it would give me a good foundation for programming a Wii-based game as VB6 isn't going to support bluetooth stacks--to my knowlege anyway. I looked at VB.net express and it was a maze of confusion from the get-go, so I'm looking again at new programming languages to learn, and I thought that this might be a good start as there is code relating to the use of the Wiimotes.
Ken Downey
DTI