Hi,
I recommend you give other clients a shot to see how they behave.
If they work, then VIP is somehow at fault.
I'm not sure how though: wiser heads than mine will have to answer that.
You might want to subscribe to the VipMud mailing list, if the problems persist.
Sorry I'm not more helfupl.
Best,
Zack.