Sorry, not every action... I meant every special move or attack. Certainly not moving all the time but for 98 percent of actions there are sounds involved.

And when I said we learned the same way sighted people do, I meant key pressing and button combos. Character positioning can also be learned, assuming you know the stages. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Yohandy" <yohand...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] anyone played SFIV yet,and if so what did you think of it?

Uh... I don't agree with your statement. we do not learn to play a game the same way sighted people do. If you truly believe that, tell one of your sighted friends to play looking at a wall or with their eyes closed. bet all they learned will fly out the window as soon as the visual aspect is removed. to us, It feels like we learn just like anyone else, because we don't have sight to compare it to. yes we learn how to press buttons the same way obviously, but we do not learn about game technique, character positioning, etc by looking at a screen. You also said that every fighting game has sounds for each and every action. again, I disagree. most recent game that comes to mind is mortal kombat vs dc universe. no sound indicates when it's time to do breakers or deploy rage. and there are a bunch of other stuff we do in games that's more instinct and plain practice than anything else. for example if someone's crouching in mk, how can you tell? certainly not by sound. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Clement Chou" <chou.clem...@gmail.com>