  From: Thomas Ward
  To: Gamers Discussion list
  Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:53 PM
  Subject: Re: [Audyssey] mota demo

  Hi,
  That is what my Genesis engine is all about. Using real time physics
  moddeling, mathematics, etc to simulate realistic movement, targeting,
  and real world spacial orientation is what drives this engine. Only
  thing is I think some gamers are put off by the realism expecting
  something like they are use to rather than something written along the
  lines of what commercial grade companies create. In fact, the Genesis
  Engine can do more than you've seen, but since I am currently involved
  in a side-scroller we can't take advantage of its more advanced features
  and game play. If people are put off now I'm a bit interested how they
  will deal with the engine at it's best.
  I suppose just something simple as items in a dark room being invisible
  is just all a bit new to some. I'm thinking out of the box, or more
  precisely more realistic. One thing I hope to do with my Genesis Engine
  is bring awareness to blind gamers that we don't have to be stuck with
  simple games. We could have games as complex as those our sighted
  counterparts play if we just have well trained developers to do it, and
  of course the financial backing to get sounds, music, to go with the
  programming too.
  I don't say this to be disrespectful to my fellow accessible game
  developers, but when i showed up on the accessible games scene and saw
  what was available I thought to myself I could do better. Plus seeing a
  bunch of Space Invader style knock offs, card games, just wasn't my
  interest area. I wanted games like those I was beginning to play on the
  PC before I went blind, and that is where USA Games is headed. Anyone,
  who plays a PS2, PSP, XBox, etc understands those games are usually of a
  superior nature.