Its already been stated a few times that unless otherwise noted, aka fire pit or some other light source, that all rooms are dark. This makes sense to me, there aren't going to be any randoomly lit rooms in an ancient temple. Sort of brings back memories of the old shadowgate, only in this case, you don't die outright when your torch runs out, hehe.

From: "alex wallis" <alexwallis...@googlemail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:15 AM
To: <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] question about torches in mota and getting over chasms

Hi list.
Does anyone no how I get over a casm in mota? I can't figure it out I keep jumping when I here the message look out but I keep dying. also, I no that objects can be invisible unless you have a torch, however how are we supposed to no which rooms are dark and we should light our torches in? as at the moment the way I see it is we're going to have to light our torch every room we go into in order to see if there is anything in it and so obviously waste a lot of torches needlessly. also, I don't like the way torches work at the moment, I think the number row should be reserved for weapons, I think torches should be accessible to turn on and off when pressing the t key. perhaps a solution would be that if we go into a dark room we hear the noise of the object that is in the room but we can't get it unless we light a torch. also, just to let you no if you have a torch lit and you press w for weapon info it tells you about the torch.