It's a swinging rope remember, so to play it safe you'll probably want
to be a bit above the ledge and jump down on to it.  If in doubt,
climb right to the top of the rope before you make the jump.  In time
you'll get used to distances and spaces and you can start making
educated guesses, but the top of the rope will definitely get ou onto
that ledge safely.

hth
Scott