Hi Charles,
Actually, the scoring part of the game hasn't changed, bbut I can tell you that your score changes from game to game based on what you find. For example, gold coins are completely random. One game you might find 5 of them for 50 points and another game you will get 20 of them for 200 points. So sometimes it is just luck and the random part keeps you playing trying to break your score.

Charles Rivard wrote:
Just curious, but has the scoring changed in the second public beta?, or have I stumbled onto some bad luck. So far, on the beginner level, my high is just a bit over 40,000. It was at just over 15,250 or se before.
---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.