Hi,
For ZMachine games, I use an interpreter called Filfre. While you have to use your screen reader's review cursor, such as the JAWS cursor, to read the text, it works considerably better than Winfrotz. I used to use the TTS version of that program, but after trying Filfre, I immediately removed it. I don't think Filfre has SAPI5 capabilities, but I don't mind using the JAWS cursor anyway. I also use the HTML TADS Player's kit for TADS games, and the ADRIFT interpreters for those games, but after reading about SCARE I'm going to try the Windows version and see how well it works.
  Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Need to relax and unwind? Listen to "Northern Lights", Thursdays from 01:00 to 03:00 GMT (Wednesdays in North America) on ACB (American Council of the Blind) Radio Interactive at http://interactive.acbradio.org
Visit the show's website at http://nl.ksapergia.net
If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an affordable price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com