If a game doesn't make use of the gtk.net stuff, it'd probably run
fine just as long as you have x and sdl compiled and installed.
Unless you need text boxes and buttons, I see no need to install gnome
to play games as SDL can probably operate with it's own window manager
(or one you install on your own - perhaps one comes with X).  Anyway,
just theorizing htat it might not be necessary to install gnome.
Registration can easily be done using the command line - just make a
console app.