This may seem like a really dumb one, but here goes, anyway.  I'll probably
install the game controller I have tomorrow afternoon.  I think there is some
sort of light inside it.  Should it always be left connected to the PC once
installed, as a mouse does?  I'm just thinking about the possibility of wearing
out, or burning out, the light.  Of course, the light won't bother me, but
could it, if burned out, affect the controler's performance?  Thanks.

---
If guns cause crime, pencils cause misspelled words.