Hi,
Yeah, I am certainly trying. Unfortunately, I am having a strange problem with SdlDotNet where if I pan something say a monster, rope, trap immediately afterward Angela's footsteps will pan that direction too. If I turn panning off the game seams to run fine, but everything is static and doesn't move leftor right which is not good. If I try to use too many chanels or buffers the game crashes. I'm currently unsure if or when my Linux port will get releasd given the number of major bugs, errors, and generally weird behavior out of the game. If there is any good news out of this I have been doing some testing with the standard SDL libraries and things seam a lot more stable. So I think if I want to go Linux I'll probably have to port the game to C++.

Zachary Kline wrote:
Hi Tom,
Multiboot is definitely a posibility.  I've installed Gnome under
Slackware before actually, not compiled from source (thank God.)  Ubuntu
might make things a little more streamlined though.
Thanks for the suggestion.  Yeah, I'm sure targetting linux at all can
be a problem.  I'm glad you're doing it at all.
All the best,
Zack.

Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Zack,
Yes, I am beginning to see the problem. Slackware's lack of Gnome
support is one of the reasons I totally stay clear of that distro. It
is alright if all you want is a command line only environment, but if
you want to play games that requires Gnome, use Open Office, Firefox,
or a hundred other Gnome based applications you are basically
screwed. Compiling Gnome from scratch, plus mono, gnome-sharp, etc is
not something I would want to wish on my worst enemy let alone a
potential customer.
Have you considered some sort of multiboot setup. You could keep
Slackware on one partition since you favor that distro, but install
something like Ubuntu on another so you could access a fully
operational Gnome environment, easily install Mono, etc for any
graphical applications?
I'm just throwing this out there as a suggestion as I know from
first-hand experience compiling a fully working Gnome desktop, mono,
bla by hand is very very painful. Plus there is a boatload of Mono and
Gnome dependancies MOTA requires that are native to Fedora and Ubuntu,
and some distributions such as Slackware lack. It is things like this
that makes targeting Linux difficult. No two distros are a like, and
while one might have everything you need right out of the box the next
distro doesn't have it at all. it is enough to drive a developer
insane.
Smile.

Zachary Kline wrote:
Hi Tom,
I suppose the best reason I can give for not switching to Gnome is that
I find the command line quite powerful enough.  I have Emacspeak
installed on this machine, which lets me send email, read Usenet news,
etc.  Speakup lets me play all the linux compatible games I want.
edbrowse and Emacs/w3 provide web browsers, LaTeX is my word/math
processor.
All this being the case, I might be persuaded to install Gnome over here
if MOTA came out for it.  This is a Slackware system, which doesn't make
Gnome easily available by default, but I can get it if I want it.
Hope this explaination makes sense.
Best,
Zack.