Hi James,
Probably assuming I used SDL's own Windows drawing API, but I do link with Mono's
System.Windows.Forms
library for the reg tool which requires GTK+ and GTK-Sharp to be installed. Yeah, i could rewrite the reg tool to use a command line app, but I already have Gnome installed, most Linux users do, so here we are talking about making a fairly extensive change to the games dependancies just for a few people. I'm not sure I'm willing to rewrite the app just to satisfy a few people who don't have or don't use Gnome for whatever reason. Especially, since SDL requires an x server to be running anyway. Might as well add a speech friendly graphical user desktop while you are at it.

James Dietz wrote:
If a game doesn't make use of the gtk.net stuff, it'd probably run
fine just as long as you have x and sdl compiled and installed.
Unless you need text boxes and buttons, I see no need to install gnome
to play games as SDL can probably operate with it's own window manager
(or one you install on your own - perhaps one comes with X).  Anyway,
just theorizing htat it might not be necessary to install gnome.
Registration can easily be done using the command line - just make a
console app.