Hi,
ok, there are alot of questions and ansers here and i'll try and answer them all as best I can. Here goes.

Aaron Asked:
When I get too close to the giant to hit, he can still hit me. Is this supposed to
be the case?

Tom Says:
There is no minimum range feature for the enemy AI so for the moment it works like it is suppose too. That could change in a future release, but for the moment it is only doing what it is programmed to do.

Aaron Asked:
The guns don't do any damage to the giant it seems. Why is this? I can't imagine
why arrows would hurt him but guns don't even begin to.

Tom Says:
That's because those are enchanted arrows not normal arrows. Magic weapons have a much higher melee rating than standard ones. Once the User's Guide gets completed all of this will become more clear, and hopefully make much more sense.

Aaron Asked:
I'm wondering if we can re-implimint ducking the way it used to be, so you can stay ducked as long as you want, it just doesn't do you any good to stay ducked down for
more than one hit because the enemy will compensate.

Tom Says:
I suppose so. However, that feature is going to take a lot of time and energy to get working properly, and just be patient with me please. That is only one of several issues I am trying to work on as I find the time to do so.

Aaron Said:
I also believe the pistol and the combat knife should still be useable in such close contact. The pistol could be jammed against the enemy and fired that way, and the
knife could be jabbed at the enemy from the side etc.

Tom Says:
I've already explained the reason why I used a minimum range for each weapon. Basically, if you are too close to an enemy creature the firing code starts screwing up. To fix that problem means I basically have to completely rewrite the firing code from scratch. Since this is not a simple or easy job I'd truly appreciate if all of you would lay off the subject for a while. I'm really beginning to feel a bit irritated about the constant requests for me to fix this. I will, but don't keep on my case. Besides that the minimum range constants are usually what you would expect any way. For example the knife has a minimum range of 0.5 units which is equal to 6 inches. That should be close enough anyway for most purposes. So I don't really understand why most of you are complaining about the minumum range values. Most of the time you probably don't even notice them except in a case where you need to backup to give yourself a little more room.

Aaron Asked:
In the menues, should the first item in the menu be selected automatically and spoken
after the menu title is heard?

Tom Says:
No, and I have a very good reason not to do so. The main reason is I am having a technical issue with DirectInput where a key repetes even when it shouldn't. For example if you were to press enter on new game and you landed on the first item in the mode menu it would automatically select arcade mode, open the experience menu, automatically select beginner, and continue until you either released the key or it could no longer open any menus. To solve that problem for the moment I pass a 0 to the new menu function so that enter can't do anything until you scroll to an actual valid menu option. Does this make sense?

Aaron Asked:
In the view scores menu, should the score be spoken without having to press enter?

Tom Says:
No. Since you can not interrupt the SpeakNumber function when it is speaking using it in the high scores menu would be a lot worse than having to press enter. Basically, if you pressed down arrow and it started speaking the score you couldn't down arrow again until the score finished speaking. So I felt it was more practical to press enter on a menu option instead.

Aaron Asked:
In some cases when speech is happening it is impossible to interrupt speech. These include when the score is being spoken, when some things are being performed status keys like s for score, a for ammo. When the game is started and the copywrite information is being spoken, etc. Should it be made possible to press any key and interrupt
these things?

Tom Says:
I'm not really sure how Draconis, GMA, etc handles using speech with wav files, but I know the way I wrote the SpeakMessage function it can not be interrupted when speaking a long string of stuff like numbers. The way it works is like this.

Load message wav file.
Play the wav file.
Wait for wav file to finish.
Load another wav file.
Play the wav file.
Wait for wav file to finish.

The way this works everything else is haulted why the while loop is waiting on the wav file to finish. If someone has a better suggestion or better way of handling this I am all ears. Otherwise things are going to work the same until I find a better way to process wav files and speak status messages etc. What you and and others are asking for is beyond my technical and programming skill right now. Sorry, but I really can't help on this issue at the moment. As for interrupting the intro message I can do that. In fact it is on my todo list for Beta 3, and will be available in the next release. Just press escape in Beta 3 to skip the intro.

Aaron Asked:
Did you receive my improved 5 sound?

Tom Says:
Yes, I did. Thanks for the file.

Aaron Said:
I have noticed that my character can get hit even after the enemy is dead by the
dead enemy, or after the view or inventory menues are brought up.

Tom Says:
I know about this bug and have already fixed it in Beta 3. This is basically a non-issue at this point for me. Thanks though for reporting it.

Aaron Asked:
With the sub machine gun, could you change it
so you can hold down the space bar and fire shots until you release it or run out?

Tom Says:
That depends. Do you have a high quality submachine loop I can use? If not the answer is no.

Aaron Said:
Someone has already mentioned this one, if you get killed in the room with the two pits, the game thinks you're walking on a ledge every step until you jump over one
of the pits.

Tom Says:
Yes, I know about this issue. I'm currently involved in trying to figure out why the surface effects aren't getting updated. It sounds like an easy fix, and hopefully I will have it resolved soon.

Aaron Asked:
There is no way to go from the water room back to the beginning again. Is this supposed
to be the case?

Tom Says:
That's right. There is no way back to the previous rooms.

Aaron Asked:
When you jump into a statue, the statue isn't opened automatically and you can't walk another step towards it to open it, you must press enter. Is it possible to
open the door or statue automatically even if you just jumped to get there?

Tom Says:'
Umm...no. Exactly how many doors have you unlocked or opened by jumping at them? Grin. Seriously, opening a door or statue while jumping is just too unrealistic for mine. So I have no plans to do this.

Aaron Asked:
People have mentioned the creatures seem to be a little too quiet. I agree with this. But I have my hearing impairment to contend with anyway. I find with one of the creatures not sure which, I can't tell when it has been killed. All I hear is the character saying All Right! or something like that. And sometimes I miss that too if my weapon is makeing a racket. Just figured I would mention it. That particular creature doesn't
make a clunk noiseas though it were hitting the ground. Should it?

Tom Says:
Yeah, I know about this. I am planning on adjusting volume controls in Beta 3 to bring the volume of all of the monsters up a little bit. It is a fairly common request and is on the todo list.
Thanks.