Hey all,
This soundcard is a realtek high definition audio. I have no clue what realtek considers high definition audio but there you go lol. I've also had many issues with it, such as not being able to use line-in cause that option is non-existent, and not being able to unmute my microphone when stereo mix is on. I have yet to find a solution for this issue and I've been looking in hundreds of forums. This greatly annoys me since I was planning on recording mk and sfiv reviews amung other things. I'd appreciate if anyone could answer the following questions: first, is there a fix for this issue I'm having? is it my soundcard acting up, or is it Vista itself? I've heard many rumors that vista doesn't support line-in and that it also lacks the ability to record both microphone output and stereo mix, so I'd like confirmation from people using other cards with vista. and second, do you guys know if this card supports surround sound? Thomas, I know you said the headphones have 3 jacks you can plug into the card. only problem here is I only have a headphone jack, and another jack to the left which I presume is for the microphone. I'm using an internal mic so not sure about this, and the only time I tried plugging a microphone in there, the person I was talking to heard this loud annoying sound. This is a toshiba laptop btw. If Vista's the culprit, then I'll most likely uninstall it since all these audio problems are really getting on my nerves, not to mention the ftp issue I've been having which I mentioned on here months ago. still haven't managed to fix that either *grin*. so any help at all you guys can provide would be much appreciated as this computer's driving me insane.