To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Help with Jaws and Dos game

Hello Gary,
Yes, there is a much easier way to handle your graphics problem. It is in the Jaws configuration manager. Assuming tyou wanted this to be global you would press Jaws key+j, alt+u for the utilities pull down menu, select configuration manager, and with default.jcf open press alt+s for the settings menu. Arrow to graphics and symbols. Press enter on graphics and symbols and tab to the raidio button for graphics verbosity. The default is set to all. Change it to labeled or none to turn off the announcement of unrecognized graphics. i recommend labeld here. Tab to ok, and do control+s to save the default.jcf. Alternatively if you want the change to effedct only the game while int he game press jaws key+6 and follow the steps above.
HTH

Gary Whittington wrote:
I like to know how I can get an old dos game from
having Jaws reading all the invisible graphic symbols.

I was able to find the Dos game I had lost and found it on line.
Its called Stock Racing and its a text game.
But all these darn Graphical symbols Jaws reads makes it hard to work with.

When I had the game, and starting Jaws scripting and framing, I simply told Jaws to read nothing when a string of these graphical symbols would appear.
I remember it worked, but it takes a lot of effort.
So, there must be an easier way.

If I can make this game accessible I will put it on my web site
http://www.playball.ws

With the Jaws configuration Package.

Thanks Crash