There are some pretty nifty games I've heard of which use the mouse or other relative in put devices to control the character.

take for example the old spindizy games on the amigar, which used either a mouse or a trackball to tilt the level around and make a pinball fall into holes.

I've also heard of several scrolling shooters flying spaceships which use the mouse as a smoother and more streamline control method for the main ship.

that being said though, imho a platform game where the concentration is on moving and climing in streight lines doesn't require a mouse particularly.

As I said though, as a lover of joysticks, and reluctantly a keyboard, I'm probably heavily biased on this point.

Beware the Grue!

dark.
-----