Hi Michael,
Well, using the deck gun is tricky and requires quite a bit of practice. First, thing you need to do is center your target using the left and right arrow keys. Then, you need to raise or lower the deck gun with the up and down arrow keys to get the proper range. You'll never get an exact range but you will know if it will hit the target when the beep is high pitched. The long and short messages are there to let you know if you will over shoot or if your shells will fall short of the target. When in doubt try and go for about 50 long so your shells will hit the target and if you are attacking a moving target keep it in range longer.
HTH

Michael McDermott wrote:
Hi all, I am looking for a bit of help with the deck gun of my sub.
Don't quite get the hang of lining it up right in order to hit a target.
How do you get it precisely lined up and not to give the info on long or
short x amount? ---