Hi Kelby,
Good question. That particular formation would be fairly tricky to set up, but can be done with a lot of practice. What I would do is send all of my ships to a staging area, a place to assemble the fleet, start two ships out, wait a move, send the second two ships out, wait a move, and then trail the fleet with the Defiant. Now, if you want to create a v type for mation you'll have to give the ships different headings for a couple of moves until they spreed out. For example if you want a wide v formating and you were heading towards Cardassian Space set one side of the formation to a heading of 325 and the other to 45. After a move or so you would get a v style formation, and then you can set all ships to 0 so that they then head straight up the starmap.
HTH