Oh man, I completely forgot about this. The levelling icon is a graphic with no backing text. If you set your graphics mode to all graphics, you should see it on the characters tab right after the characters name, hopefully. The levelling screen also has graphical icons for raising and lowering stuff sadly. Its workable but its definitely the least accessible part of the game, and I had to have sighted assistance doing it until I figured it out.

As for quick slots yeah, as I said they aren't necessary, all they are is a series of 3 slots that would put the potions on the battle screen so you could use them at your convenience instead of having to go into the character tab.
From: "Ron Schamerhorn" <blindwon...@cogeco.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 12:11 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: [Audyssey] 3 skulls was large text rpgs

Hi Shadow Dragon

 I haven't done the quick slots routine but decided the jaws curser would
do the job.  Now that I've completed the dungeon which took a surprising
amount of time and was definitely an excellent challenge.  The question I
now have is how do I level the characters? I've looked on the tabs and must be missing something, though I didn't think it would be that hard to figure
out.  It's actually quite good after you get used to the slight jumble on
the screen.

Ron