Hi Nicol,
Smile. I know. It is all part of the challenge factor of the game. On higher difficulty levels your weapons are less effective against certain magical enemies and well a common knife isn't much use in that case. You need more powerful weapons and ammo. Since hte game is fully random I don't really have much control over how much ammo you get. All of that is randomly selected by the game making it sometimes more difficult than others. One thing I can say is when you are playing a difficult level and find yourself out of ammo sometimes it is best to run, flee, and use a healing potion to charge up once you are out of danger.
HTH

nicol wrote:
hi tom
I like the sounds in beta4.
However, its not possible to get far in the game.
There is not enough ammo available and my knife is not responding well.
It doesn't kill certain enemies so I always end up being killed.
I hammer at my spacebar, but I cannot manage to kill enemies with my knife.