Hi,
Yeah, I thought that too. All too often DND guilds appose any kind of firearms, cannons, and anything a little more modern and reduce game play to swords, daggers, and spears. Those weapons have their place, are cool, but it is nice to have some technological breakthroughs such as simple firearms and cannons now and then. As for when the game will get released that is a long way into the future. If Sryth took years to get as good as it is my own RPG game project will equally take as long. Probably longer since I am still finishing up MOTA.