Hi to one and all. The Morse Code or better known as C W requirement for we
ham radio operators was dropped around 04 or 05.
I sure am glad that in 2000 they had dropped the CW requirement to only
5wpm. I couldn't pick out the 13 and the 20 wpm exams.
For those interested there are now only three written exams and the Morse
Code requirement has bee dropped altogether. The three levels are Technician
or Tech for short, the General which you have to be at a general level if
you want to be a examiner and the extra which I now hold since January of
01.
Hope that helps everyone out.
Ron station KR3DOG originally KB3EDC.
Matt & Ron Kolesar & there great Dogs!