Hi Jim,
Well, it really depends on the game. Most mainstream PC games have keyboard support as well as the mouse and some type of joystick controller support as well. Some more complex main stream games uses a combonation of mouse and keyboard together to perform certain actions and moves that can't be done by the keyboard alone. In terms of mainstream racing games there is really only one I personally play, Nascar Thunder 2006, and it has both keyboard and racing wheel support. It has commands like control for gas, space for break, up/down arrow shifts gears, and left/right arrows turn the car. While Nascar Thunder has keyboard support it definitely isn't as good as using a racing wheel. With a wheel you can make tighter turns on half mile tracks plus the peddles makes it easier to hold down the gas, let up to slow, or press the breaks like driving a real car rather than trying to find the right key in a hurry. The keyboard isn't as responsive and easy to use as the wheel.

Jim Kitchen wrote:
Hi Steve,

Thanks. You know though that this is only my third game that supports a joystick and the first that was designed with the joystick as it's intended input device.

I don't know how many mainstream games have been produced with the joystick as it's intended input device. Well I guess maybe all of them for a game consul, but not sure about computer games.

BFN