ahh great idea.  I'm all over the weapon wheel switching if it can be
done.  Might  be fiddly to get used to to start with, but it'd mean
that in most combat situations you could completely ignore the
keyboard and focus on your mouse hand.  I think that'd go a long way
toward helping people adjust to the new techniques they'd need.