That'd be pretty tough to do, on my mouse at least. I tend to only click with one finger, so my hand stays pretty steady on the mouse. But then again I've never played a really intense game. My brother and dad never seemed to have much of a problem with the scroll wheel while playing diablo, though I guess it wasn't as much of a problem there, the one place I'm thinking of in particular is the paladin and his auras, I guess in that situation if you happened to smack the scroll wheel by accident you'd just end up using a different aura a bit further down the line rather than your intended one. Not nearly as bad as switching to a gun with no ammo or a shorter range, or even worse, a melee weapon.

From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:12 PM
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA Mouse Support

Hi,
Hmmm...That is a thought. Although, the one consern about using the wheel to switch weapons is that wheel is awefully easy to accidently turn. It would bite if you were left clicking like mad and hit the wheel and instead of your trusty mp5 you ended up using a pistol or something on accident. Might be better if you actually have to click the middle mouse button instead of turn the wheel. Good idea though.
Smile.

Shadow Dragon wrote:
It'd also be cool to cycle your weapons with the wheel, though it would still be a lot quicker to do it with the numbers row. just a thought, kind of diablo skill switching inspired.