hi dark,
You can create a trigger for this that will process this line and either automatically read it to you when it is updated, or allow you to hit a key to get the info, such as f5 or whatever. VIPMud is pretty easy regarding coding these things, and the documentation walks you through how to do it. Ryan and I have done a lot of odifications to the scripts for Lusternia, and it makes playing any mud way more enjoyable.
 good luck,
che

To: <Gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:00 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] Vip mud sapi problem

Hi.

I was wondering if someone could please help with this, I've asked everywhere else, ---- including on the vip mud list and with a direct E-mail to david greenwood, but haven't got any replies as yet.

Using sapi in materia magica everything is okay accept for one thing. When reading the screen with up and down arrows, Sapi refuses to read the status line showing hp, mp and st (staminer).

You can read it with left and right arrows, ----- and the line is deffinately there sinse I've checked it using Hal, it's just that when reading in coming text, the line doesn't get read ----- which keeps getting me killed in battles sinse I don't know how damaged I'm getting.

It does get read in safe areas where the word "safe" appears at the start, which makes me think it's something to do with the line being surrounded with a less than and greater than sign.

Any advice would be much appreciated sinse this is rather frustrating.

For a direct comparison here's a cut and paste of the line, ----- though obviously the values vary (I used Hal).

<97hp 94sp 164st>

Any advice would be muuuuuch appreciated.

Beware the Grue!