Hi Josh,
You got that right. The cost of FMOD is one reason I haven't done more than look at it. It is a great audio API, but the cost for a accessible game developer is not worth itconsidering most accessible games aren't big sellers, and a certain amount of my sales would have to go into maintaining the FMOD distribution licence.

Draconis Entertainment wrote:

Not to burst a bubble or anything, but FMOD is extremely expensive for commercial products. None of the professional accessible game companies would find the $9000 price tag to license the engine very palatable. The engine is free for non-commercial use, so if you're just looking to dabble, it might be for you.