To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] AGRIP project future

well I got my version for 25 bucks from idsoftware but I don't know if thats soled anymore.
At 04:28 a.m. 10/06/2009, you wrote:
 Hi Nick, all the info you need is at the site. I'd really prefer
people go and have a read there, as you'll find out everything you
need to know to get started playing.  <smile>

 AQ is self-contained to a degree, so you'll find a complete
downloadable package on the site.

 I.E. the package itself will download the shareware version of
Quake which will allow you to play the first episode of the game along
with unlimited deathmatch, both online and off.

 As for you locating a version yourself, that may be a bit of a
trick, as Quake 1 is over 12 years old at this point! lol!  You can
sure try though!.

 Quake 1, as you may know, is open source at this point, and the
engine itself, or some variety thereof, is used in many other
mainstream games even today.  this is partially why Quake 1 was chosen
for the AGRIP proof-of-concept.

 It's certainly possible to implement this kind of technology into
other games but for now, the version of Quake currently supported is
1. -or more aptly, 1.06.

 HOpe this answers your question, and please do go up and visit the
site if you would.  There's a lot there you might find interesting.

 Have a great day and chat witcha soon!.

Smiles,

Cara  :)
---