Hi Tom,

When you're at bat, you can use the following buttons:
X is swing, circle is bunt, square is power swing.

When you're pitching, the buttons go like this:

X is pitch one, circle is pitch two, triangle is pitch three, and square is
pitch four. R1 is pitch five if the pitcher has a fifth pitch. You press one of
the picth buttons, and then you press X to pitch the ball. You can also use the
left analogue stick to move the ball to different locations.

If I were you, I'd turn on the auto fielding option. This way the computer will
field the ball for you, and if you turn on the auto throw mode, they'll throw
the ball to the bases for you. If you choose to throw the ball yourself, circle
throws to first, triangle to second, square to third, and X to home.

Hope this helps. If you need anymore help, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ryan C.