How to connect to (or observe) BPP Fly-ins with Teamspeak
Part 1. Obtaining Teamspeak
Part 2. Setting up Teamspeak
Part 3. Connecting to Teamspeak server
So, you've heard about an upcoming Fly-in for the BPP and you'd like to listen
in? Or perhaps you'd like to get in a plane and practice your ATC lingo and ask
questions before heading on VATSIM? Either way, the ATC comms with Teamspeak
give everyone a better sense of flying realism.
Note: DO NOT SHARE IP ADRESS ON THE LIST. This is a personal rule, for security
reasons. If you need it you can email me, or Skype me.
Part 1: Downloading Teamspeak
We use Teamspeak to connect for voice communication in ATC sessions.
1. Goto http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
2. Download Teamspeak
3. Install Teamspeak.
Part 2: Configuring Teamspeak.
1. Select "Settings", then "Sound Input Settings".
2. Tab down to "Voice Send Method".
3. Choose "Push to talk".
4. Select the "Set" button.
5. Press a key on the keyboard that you want to use for communication. (I use
6. Select "Close."
Part 3: Connecting to Teamspeak Server.
1. When an event is scheduled, contact the coordinator to obtain the IP address
for the voice comms.
2. Go into Teamspeak.
3. Select "Connection", "Quick Connect".
4. In the "Server Address" box, enter the IP you were given.
5. Enter your nickname.
5A. If you are flying, enter your call sign Example, LM4 (Landmark 4) or SWA91
5B. If you are just observing, please write "OBS_" (OBS underscore) before your
name. Example, "OBS_Harun".
6. Press "Connect". Don't worry about login name or password.
A few friendly notes.
1. If you are observing, do not chatter. Use Skype or MSN. Leave the comms open
for the pilots and ATC. It's fine to ask questions, though.
2. Be aware that session audio may be recorded. I like to keep an archive of my
performance. If you'd like a copy of the session, contact me.
3. DO NOT SHARE IP ADRESS ON THE LIST. This is a personal rule, for security
reasons. If you need it, you can email me, or Skype me.
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.